DDD

Glenn Burkhardt glenn at aoi.ultranet.com
Thu May 20 18:01:25 EDT 1999

Thanks a lot for the URL

	http://www.cs.colorado.edu/homes/zorn/public_html/MallocDebug.html

In addition to listing Purify (which doesn't run on Linux), it lists several
that do, notably dmalloc (which is now at www.dmalloc.com), and Electric Fence
(which I seem to remember is included in the RedHat distribution, but I hadn't
investigated it until now).

The 'dmalloc' package appears to be maintained currently - there's a 3/11/99
release.

Electric Fence sounds interesting, too.  It uses the memory mapping hardware
to catch bad accesses.

Have you had experience with either package?

-