Questions about floppy files in Linux...

Kevin M. Gleason kgleason at ma.ultranet.com
Tue Oct 5 05:01:09 EDT 1999

1. Why is it that when I mount a floppy on /mnt/floppy that I list files
ls -a and get the last files stored even though that disk is no longer
inside the machine? Is Linux caching directories? Is there a way to
clear this?

2. what is the specific procedure for mounting an msdos (with long
filenames) floppy? (Actually, I copied an RPM file downloaded on another
windows9x  machine and want to read it.)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kevin

-