Duplex (double sided) printing to an HP 8000 (Solved!)

Daniel P. Katz dkatz at kenan.com
Wed Oct 6 19:01:25 EDT 1999

Well, it turns out that my printing duplex problem was just stupidity on
my part!  I had set up the printcap (through printtool) for HP Laserjet
4/5/6 series of printers.  This caused a filter to convert my postscript
to PCL, striping out the duplexing commands which I had carefully
inserted into the postscript.  Once I chose a filter for postscript
printers instead, the duplexing capabilities of a2ps, enscript, etc. all
worked fine.  Live and learn....

Dan
-