Netscape problems (fwd)

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Fri Oct 15 03:02:37 EDT 1999

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 13:49:14 -0400
From: Nick Suess <nsuess at interstep.com>
Subject: I need some help.

Hello

I don't know if these are the kinds of questions I should send to everyone in
the
newsgroup or not.  Maybe you could shed some light on this.

I am a newer RH6 linux user who wants to use it for hosting a web site out of
my home.
I also use the Netscape 4.? that came with it to browse the internet to look
for help
and for my personal email.
I have had nothing but problems with the Netscape Communicator.
2 problems:

1)
While I can browse the internet with the Navigator window, when I choose
Messenger
to go to download messages, it crashes Netscape (all netscape windows just
disappear
from my desktop).
Have you heard of this problem before, or can you point me to a resource where
I might
find some help?

2)
The second problem I have is with the Navigator window in communicator.
The problem lies in that when I go to websites, the fonts on the page I see
are so small
that I cannot read them, and when I use Edit Preferences to change the fonts
to the other ones there, it just doesn't seem to help.

Best regards,

Nick Suess
Flycast Communications Corp. (FCST)
160 Second Street, Cambridge, MA 02142