LILO crash

tkeller at helpdesk.mso.stratus.com tkeller at helpdesk.mso.stratus.com
Tue Oct 19 11:26:26 EDT 1999

Well if you want to get your windows side backup, you could boot with a
windows 95 floppy that has 'fdisk' on it and do a 'fdisk /mbr' that'll put
the master boot record back on harddrive so it'll boot to windows.
Something that you might want to look for if your getting the LI is

1. that your bios doesn't have virus protection stuff in it that prevents
things from writing in the boot sector (such as lilo)

2. That your linux partition isn't more than 1024 sectors away from the
head of the drive.  This happens a lot and is a deficincy of pc's, not
linux.

Good luck,
Tim.

-