Apache Virtual Server Configuration

Huy Le huymle at gis.net
Sat Oct 23 12:09:06 EDT 1999

I have been trying to configure linux box's Apache Server to run off line
virtual server, but I just can't get it to work the way I want it to.
Whenever I add the DocumentRoot definition line to the virtual server
section, I get the no permission to access error message when I try to
access that virtual server.  And if  remove the DocumentRoot definition
line, I would be redirected to the main server when I access that virtual
server.  I'm running Apache 1.3 on RH6.0.   Below is my

<virtualhost "192.168.1.1" >
fancyindexing on
serveradmin huymle at localhost
servername www.haiau.com
<directory "/home/huymle/htdocs">
Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
</directory>
<directory "/">
Options None
AllowOverride None
</directory>
</virtualhost>

Also attached is the httpd.conf file.  Would someone please give me some
pin points?

TIA,

Huy

<Go http://www.globalviet.com to search
<for a Viet business near you or for a long lost friend or  other
<Viet related information
<http://www.LinuxMall.com/cgi-bin/weblead.cgi/?0041877>
 <Where large selection of Linux products is found          >

-