Xterm and .Xresources

John Chambers,,,781-647-1813 jc at trillian.mit.edu
Thu Sep 2 09:10:33 EDT 1999

Jerry A Clabaugh <JerryC at world.std.COM> writes:

	It seems that specifying xterm*geometry or xterm*font
	in a .Xresources or .Xdefaults file causes the xterm
	popup menus to break.  I'll assume it's a bug in xterm.
	Thanks to both -

Not true on this Redhat 5.2 system with fvwm2:

: vi ~/.Xdefaults
: xrdb -merge <~/.Xdefaults
: xrdb -query | egrep -i 'xterm.*(font|geom)'
xterm*font:     fixed
xterm_color*font:       fixed
xterm_color.geometry:   90x30
: xterm&

The xterm window that pops up has menus that look and  act  perfectly
normal.   I wonder if you could give some more details.  What sort of
system, which wm, etc.

-