Low level boot disks for EEPROM flashers

Randall Hofland rhofland at gis.net
Sun Apr 2 22:55:54 EDT 2000

    Should anyone need this advice and at the risk of sounding like an
idiot, I will pass on that I was finally able to format a floppy boot
disk that would allow my Supermicro flasher for the P6DLS boards to
function without irreversibly corrupting the EEPROM (as it repeatedly
did in either DOS or NT).
    I merely began a DOS install (v.6.22) which I then halted using F3,
and when the A: prompt came up up I entered FORMAT/S which then
requested a new diskette and then formatted it with the low level system
files I needed (no HiMem functions).
    Don't know if this helps anyone now but if you ever need to flash
your ROMs (I have 9 total to update) it may come in handy to know to use
this trick.

-