core files

Glenn Burkhardt glenn at aoi.ultranet.com
Fri Apr 7 14:23:19 EDT 2000

Does anyone know what happened to core files?  Somewhere between the 2.2.5 and
2.2.13 kernels the non-root privileged accounts lost the ability to set 'ulimit
-c' to a non-zero value.  This appears to be a kernel change - does anyone know
how to circumvent it?  (I like core dumps, umm...., no, I don't like core
dumps, but I'd rather have them than not; no, that's not quite what I mean
either...)

-