[BLU] Best GCC optimization for Apache?

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Thu Dec 21 10:20:03 EST 2000

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Christoph Doerbeck A242369 wrote:

> I`m rebuilding my apache binaries for my development workstation.  Does
> anyone have any comments or  warnings regarding the use of 'gcc -O3'?
>
> I know that enabling the optimizations can sometime result in unexpected
> behavior, but in theory it should be safe.
>
> - Christoph

I don't know about Apache specifically, but I'm pretty sure -O3 is safe
for most purposes.  Anything more than that requires heavy testing,
though.

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D  Intelligence is knowing how to build a nuclear bomb.
DK KD  Wisdom is knowing how not to need them.
DDDD                              Shaggy 2 Dope- Insane Clown Posse
       happy kwaanzannukah-mas-stice!

-