The threat of UCITA

Randall Hofland rhofland at gis.net
Thu Feb 3 05:53:56 EST 2000

Comment:

    I wonder if these proposed UCITA restrictions on user rights will
instead have a dramtically positive effect for Freeware" and the
OpenSource movement.
    That said, might it not also be time to do more to protect the
"openness" of code developed by freelancers, students, hackers and the
Opensource community at large. I have much less fear of secret
propietary formats than I do of patented code of any sort that might
negatively impact future development projects.
    We've already seen too much protection of of psuedointellectualism
in the technologies.

-