Segmentation fault (solved ... sort of)

Kevin D. Clark kclark at cabletron.com
Mon Feb 7 17:02:49 EST 2000

Brad Noyes writes:

> Well i first thought that it was because of a permission issue, bu [BAD WRAP]
> to write the object files, and the binary to that directory, and b [BAD WRAP]
> looked at the permissions of the directory. And yes, that would make it tough
> on developers.

What does the following C program produce on your system?:

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  abort();
  return 0;
}

BTW, this isn't a suid-root executable, is it?

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark          |                          |
kclark at NOSPAM.ctron.com | kdcNOSPAM at alumni.unh.edu |  Give me a decent UNIX

-