rsh security in 2.2.14 systems

Glenn Burkhardt glenn at aoi.ultranet.com
Thu Jul 6 11:54:16 EDT 2000

Does anyone understand how security works for 'rcp' and 'rsh' in distributions
with the 2.2.14 kernels, e.g. Mandrake 7.0?  There are new restrictions on
setting ulimit -c (or possibly just any ulimit).

I like to enable core dumps, so I modify /etc/profile to execute
'ulimit -c 1000000' instead of turning it off.  But this prevents 'rcp'
commands from functioning when executed from a remote system to the one
with the ulimit change.

Anyone know where I can look?  Thanks.

-