kernel: neighbour table overflow

Jack Coats jack at coats.org
Mon May 22 09:59:22 EDT 2000

I am getting this message on both my laptop (RH 6.1 + suggested RPMs),
and my home server (RH 6.2 + suggested RPMs)

It seems to come about every two seconds while the mahcine is starting
up, and slows down.

No only is it annoying at this time, but a message like that tells me
things are not 'right'.

Some news group archives indicate that this is an ARP table cache
overflow, other messages say getting 'lo' interface up fixes it.
I don't know, but any help is appreciated!

... JC

-