emacs/print_general networking

bill h bill.h at angelfire.com
Mon Nov 6 07:13:15 EST 2000

my emacs question goes like this....
  i configged my printer(local) with the name lin instead of lp0,
now i have to print from bash, is this because emacs defaults to lp0?
  Now for more networking...
  i found some good info on tcpdump and other tools, if anyone is interested i will be happy to give you the name of the book. I didn't pay the 50$ though...i paid 1$ for a note book and sat in borders for
two hours...
  How do i use telnet? Everytime a try to login it tells me login denied...is this something i have to change in hosts.allow?
  I want to setup my network so there is 1 root, and many clients(users). How do i start? Do i do something like create an image like norton's ghost? I mean, if every1 has a root on their machine, how do i administrate them?
  My networking questions are pretty general, if you could point me out in the right direction, I'll figure out the rest!
  Thanx for the help!
Bill Holt

-