Wireless ethernet?

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Mon Aug 13 16:16:48 EDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 03:02:15PM -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Keep the wireless network "outside
> the firewall"

Reasonable.

> (note: I disbelieve in firewalls,

Bravo!

I have many times railed against the medieval "walled city" approach
taken by firewalls, but as I have learn more, as I run my own basement
server (as unwalled as I have been able to contrive, though other
NATted machines at home are walled), I can feel myself slowly being
sucked in.  Can you save me?

> c.f. my BLU talk about 5 years ago ;)

Time for a repise?

-kb, the Kent who has only been to a few BLU meetings, and none 5
years ago.
-