X on intel i810

Joel Gwynn joelman at world.std.com
Tue Jul 31 12:35:38 EDT 2001

Anyone have any experience getting X to work on the intel 82815 controller?  I went to the intel site, and downloaded their linux driver, as well as the agp module, and followed all the instructions.  All I get is this output:

css_pw02:~# startx
hostname: Unknown host

XFCom_i810 Version 3.3.6 / X Window System
Release Date: May 19 2000
 If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
 than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
 problems.  (see http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/linuxsoftware.htm)
Operating System: Linux 2.2.14-5.0 i686 [ELF]
Configured drivers:
  SVGA: server for SVGA graphics adaptors (Patchlevel 0):
      i810, i810-dc100, i810e, i815, generic
(using VT number 7)

XF86Config: /root/XF86Config
(**) stands for supplied, (--) stands for probed/default values
(**) XKB: rules: "xfree86"
(**) XKB: model: "pc101"
(**) XKB: layout: "us"
(**) Mouse: type: PS/2, device: /dev/psaux, resolution: 100
(**) Mouse: buttons: 3

Fatal server error:
Dotclock expected

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages

X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).