how to get rid of color terminals on RH 7.x

linuxguy at ici.net linuxguy at ici.net
Sat Jun 16 08:06:16 EDT 2001

On RH 7.0 in this case, but should be true for all
cases of RH in recent history...

THE ANSWER IS, comment out the following in

	/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/XTerm

! Enable Colour by default.

! *VT100*colorMode: on
! *VT100*boldColors: on
! *VT100*dynamicColors: on

! Uncomment this use color for underline attribute
! *VT100*colorULMode: on
! *VT100*underLine: off

! Uncomment this to use color for the bold attribute
! *VT100*colorBDMode: on

! Uncomment this to use the bold/underline colors in preference to other colors
!*VT100*colorAttrMode: on

-