"Socket Error 10051, Error # 0x800CCC0E

FilateiLUG luglst at 3rdmill.com
Thu Jun 21 09:56:52 EDT 2001

Lately, users using modem dialup to connect to my sendmail server get  error
below when they try to send mails and the will sit on their outbox. No
problem to read or receive mails:

   "the connection to the server has failed. Account:
'kestrel.3rdmillll.com',Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E".

Any help out there.  I have been looking at the /etc/sendmail.cf and the
timeouts are at their max 5m... Surprisingly, those using cable or DSL to
connect don't have any problem sending....

REgards

Filatei

-