Slightly OT : Getting rid of geek books

Duane Morin dmorin at morinfamily.com
Tue May 29 22:02:38 EDT 2001

Hi all,

Thought somebody on this list might know an answer to this one.  I'm moving
shortly, and want to prune out my library.  I've got a stack of paperbacks
that I want to donate (or sell cheap someplace) rather than cart to the new
place.  Standard geek fare, including a selection of Heinlein, Pratchett,
Vonnegut, Card, Asimov, some King and Crichton, etc...   (I'm keeping the
Tolkien, Adams, and my favorite Heinleins :)).  Call it about 50 books total,
thus far.

Anybody know what I should do with them?  It's not really worth it to me to
put them all on ebay.  I just want to do something besides throw them out, I
hate throwing out books.  Do donation places like Big Brother/Sister take
books?
I don't even know.  Something like that would be best.  Second best would be
someplace I can take the whole box and just leave it (or possibly get a few
bucks for it.  That's not high on the priority list but why turn down money?)

In case it's relevant, I live in Quincy.  I suppose I could lug the box into
work (Boston's financial district) if it helped.

Thanks!

Duane

-