Linux 6.2 or Linux 7

Steve steve at cyberianhamster.com
Tue Nov 20 17:30:32 EST 2001

Ali Taalebi wrote:

> I am planning to set up a Linux system to run
> 	PHP & MySQL
> or
> 	OpenACS & PostgreSQL.
>
> I currently have Linux 6.2 (Delux) software.
> Is there any point in buying Linux 7 (Delux or Professional)?

Strictly speaking, Linux is really just the kernel. There is no Linux 6.x or 7.x.

There are distributions that bundle various services/apps (like PHP, Apache,
etc.) with Linux for you. These are Red Hat, Suse, Mandrake, Debian, etc. These
are probably what you are talking about. Do you mean RedHat or Suse?

Steve