Linux equivalent of Solaris '/bin/ckyorn'

Chris Janicki Janicki at ia-inc.com
Wed Oct 3 10:45:22 EDT 2001

Is there a Linux equivalent of Solaris '/bin/ckyorn' (which literally
means "check yes or no").  I use ckyorn in a Solaris shell script to pose
questions for my application's installation shell script.  I'm not a
shell guru, so ckyorn has been very helpful with command line
interactions during installs.  What's the best way to interact within a
Linux shell?

For example, my installer has to ask boolean and text input questions
like:

	Do you accept the license agreement?  [yes|no]

	Enter the name of your location: [Boston, MA]
-