Power loss and corruption of root account

Ali Taalebi taalebi at ai.mit.edu
Tue Apr 30 08:55:50 EDT 2002

I lost power when I had logged in as root on my system which runs RedHat
7.2 & Gnome.

After I powered up the system again, I observed some corruption
in my root account. For example, the task bars had disappeared from
the bottom of the screen.

In the past, I had fixed similar user interface problems in other
user accounts by using the "USER MANAGER" to delete the account
corrupted account and recreate it again.
Can I do the same for the "root" account to fix the corrupted root
account without facing adverse side effects later?

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.