Wireless PCMCIA cards

Ron Peterson ron.peterson at yellowbank.com
Fri Feb 22 09:53:04 EST 2002

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 01:21:24PM -0500, Bob Keyes wrote:

> In theory, any card and access point certified as 'wifi' (802.11b)
> compatible should work with each other.

That's the theory... ;)

I have not been able to get Orinoco silver cards to work with a Linksys WAP11
using WEP.  With no WEP it works o.k.  Someday soon I will be trying the
reverse - Linsys cards to Orinoco base station.  I'll try to remember to post
back my results.

I would be interested in hearing other people's specific experiences regarding
compatibility of various wireless products.

--
Ron Peterson                   -o)
87 Taylor Street               /\\