Discuss digest, Vol 1 #275 - 12 msgs

Robert La Ferla robertlaferla at attbi.com
Mon Jun 10 17:47:35 EDT 2002

First, thanks for all the replies.  Once again, you all are very helpful
and technically able.  I had wanted to truncate the file using echo >
log but mistakenly deleted it instead.  In fact, I had originally wanted
to redirect to /dev/null but forgot that too!  I did not move any
critical directories like /bin, etc... to the other drive just other
stuff that isn't necessary at boot time.   I also had tried the 'lsof'
but that didn't reveal anything.   Useful program though.  What I didn't
realize is that the disk space was being used even though I had deleted
the file.  At this point, I think I'll just wait til the process
finishes and then reboot.

Robert