Nameservers

Kent Borg kentborg at borg.org
Tue Jun 18 12:52:13 EDT 2002

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 11:05:17AM -0400, Robert La Ferla wrote:
> You may wish to consider scrapping BIND all together and going with
> djbdns.  It's much faster, much smaller, and far more secure.

I second that suggestion.

One downside is that there is less documentation, and there certainly
isn't a thick book like the O'Reilly Bind book.  But djbdns doesn't
need such a monster.  I would like a small Nutshell book, but I am
getting along without one and much more comfortable with the security.

-kb, the Kent who also uses qmail.