SCSI termination problem??

bsdadmins at attbi.com bsdadmins at attbi.com
Thu Jun 20 22:04:00 EDT 2002

I just bought a Plextor 12/10/32s SCSI writer which
also came with a external case.  I have a Adaptec
29160 Ultra160 scsi adapter installed in my system.
I first tried to install the drive on the SE
controller but when I boot the computer up the
adapter yells at me saying:
29160      A at slot 06, 00:0D:00 - Insufficient
termination detected on the SE connectors
So I then tried to use the external case and connect
it to the external LVD/SE, the only difference is
that instead of it saying 'SE connectors' it says
'LVD/SE connectors'.  my scsig controller is set to
the default.  Ideas on what I can do?

I was subscribed to this list but am not right now.
Could anyone that could help me plz send me mail to
bsdadmins at attbi.com

Dave