Rumors of MS involvement in Apache advisory

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Sun Jun 23 14:48:15 EDT 2002

Commercial software vendors have schedules set up.
Bug gets reported. Placed into some problem reporting mechanism.
Bug fixer gets it, checks it out, maybe comes up with a fix.
The fix goes into the source tree.
Then, when  the next scheduled release comes out, the fix should be in
there.
There is no requirement for the vendor to provide a fix immediately. In
some cases, where this may be a very serious problem, out of scope fixes
will be issued. If the problem reported is a major customer, the problem
will be fixed quickly.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group