Win9x question...

kgleason at ma.ultranet.com kgleason at ma.ultranet.com
Wed Jun 26 10:17:05 EDT 2002

Does anyone know of a file location in Windows 9x where the Computer Name is consistently stored? I am trying to access this information directly from a QBasic program. I tried doing a search for text and came up with the USER.DAT and SYSTEM.DAT files in the \WIndows directory.
It would be nice if there was one location where computer name was listed in a fixed location or where I knew the number of bytes following a variable. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Kevin