Win9x question...

Jerry Feldman gaf at
Wed Jun 26 15:41:22 EDT 2002

Not really. The original poster, Kevin Gleason asked in the context of
QBASIC, but he also mentioned USER.DAT and SYSTEM.DAT, which are files from
which the registry is built. Kevin's original email was vague enough to
where it triggered non-programming responses, which were useful enough.

As I mentioned, the best way to get that type of information from a program
is to use standard cross-platform APIs. If there is not an appropriate one,
then a Windows specific API. The worst case would be to try to track
through the Registry.
On 26 Jun 2002 at 14:49, Warren E. Agin wrote:

> Well then my follow-up e-mail is completely useless.

Jerry Feldman <gaf at>
Associate Director
Boston Linux and Unix user group PGP key id:C5061EA9