ATTBI just changed DNS servers

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Fri Nov 8 09:56:37 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, John Chambers wrote:

> Saying  "Use  4.2.2.1"  may  be  a  good  answer  to  "What
> nameserver  can  I  use?", but it's not an answer at all to
> the question "How do I find a good nameserver from here?"

Several years ago, I wrote a program that would find all nameservers in a
give netblock and report on their BIND version. It works well, but it will
only tell you who is running a nameserver, not who is running a GOOD
nameserver.

It's a fairly small program. If there is a call for it, I shall dig it up
and post it here.