serial connection from windows

Douglas Melniker melniker at eecs.tufts.edu
Tue Sep 24 16:46:58 EDT 2002

I use kermit on my linux box to connect via ttyS0 to the serial port on my
netra t1. When I try to do the same on windows, I can't. I tried
hyperterminal and teraterm. The netra user's guide says it's very
straightforward with hypertermina. But when I connect (using COM1), the
cursor just sits there. When I 'tip' from a solaris machine or 'kermit'
from my linux box, I get the desired "lom>" prompt.

It's obviously a windows/serial port configuration issue. Can someone
help?

Thanks,
Doug Melniker