LinModems ... what to do?

Scott Prive scottprive at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 1 12:45:30 EST 2003

> think I'll just send dad to Fry's for  56k real modem!.

It's been a while since I looked at modems for Linux, but back in the day I
never *could* find a definitive list of internal modems that worked with
Linux. Instead I shopped for external modems, which I knew would always
work. There may be some supported internal modems now, and someone could
reply with a recomendation...

Alternative to consider:
Netgram makes a hardware router (RM356) with built-in modem. These are
expensive compared to internal modems (and even external modems), but they
are self-contained plug-and-play type devices.