Concatenating production and change libraries for a web site

Bill Horne bill at horne.net
Tue Apr 15 20:57:39 EDT 2003

Thanks for reading this.

I run a small web site for my son's Boy Scout troop, and I'd like to
set up a change control process that includes different directories for
"production", "pending", and "retired" web pages.

Of course, the actual site won't have this: I'm setting it up on the
testbed platform, which is my home server.

Here's what I'd like to do: I want Apache to look in the "pending"
directory for pages, and then in the "production" directory, so that
only web pages that are actually being worked on need to be in the
"pending" directory. Other than a whole bunch of symlinks, how can
I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill Horne