Unable to logon as root from remote client

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Tue Apr 29 21:21:55 EDT 2003

Bob <gameslover987 at yahoo.com> writes:

> I forget which file that I need to modify in order to
> allow root has access from remote client. I know
> should not be allow root to have access because of
> security risk.

Perhaps a better answer than my previous answer might be to add:

        PermitRootLogin yes

to your /etc/ssh/sshd_config file.

Of course, I assume that you know the dangers of passing your root
password over a network in cleartext...

Again, good luck,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark (kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com)
ADVERTISEMENT:  On Sunday May 4th, I'm riding my bicycle 100 miles