Comcast DNS troubles?

Dan Geer geer at TheWorld.com
Sat Aug 23 08:23:25 EDT 2003

>   Anybody else suddenly having a nightmare of a time with their
>   comcast connection, particularly regarding DNS?

Yes, routinely.  Current DHCP returns 204.127.202.19 as the
nameserver which does not itself have a reverse resolution.
Using VisualRoute I find that 204.127.202.19 is 14 hops away
(from my home in Cambridge) probably in NY.  Having gotten
tired of this, I just hardwire in nameservers at MIT and
Harvard and forget about it; they're closer anyway.

--dan