Getting comments from images with ImageMagick?

David Kramer david at thekramers.net
Sun Feb 9 20:33:00 EST 2003

On Sunday 09 February 2003 05:47 pm, Duane Morin wrote:
> Thanks!  I also discovered that "identify -verbose" will do it, but with a
> multline output that I then have to scrape.

identify -verbose /var/www/htdocs/alt/tpipw.jpg | perl -e '
$in=join("",<>);
if($in =~/comment\:(.*?)\s+signature\:/s)
{
	print "$1\n"
}
'

I was going to suggest "identify", but you specifically ruled that out.

DDDD   David Kramer                   http://thekramers.net
DK KD
DKK D
DK KD  Pretense and adversity are inversely proportional;
DDDD   Adversity reveals the true nature of all things.