monitoring scripts

dsr at tao.merseine.nu dsr at tao.merseine.nu
Fri Jan 24 09:47:27 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:16:37AM -0500, FRamsay at castelhq.com wrote:

> I meant to send this to the list, not just to Jerry,
>
> I'm looking for something to monitor memory on the whole system, not just
> one app.  kind of like running top but I want to see _all_ processes
> and I need to produce "Pretty Graphs" for the management types.

You can customize MRTG or Cricket to produce graphs like that. While
normally used to show router traffic, there's nothing preventing you
from using them to graph the output of `uptime` or `top -b -n 1`.

-dsr-

--
Network engineer looking for work in Boston area.
Resume at http://tao.merseine.nu/~dsr/