Is RedHat 9 stable?

chris at linuxsoup.com chris at linuxsoup.com
Sun Jul 6 21:47:28 EDT 2003

I'm running LTSP on RH90 and have had no major problems.  In fact, this
is my first major upgrade since RH72.

All of my custom RPM packages built without incident.

Although I haven't figured out why XMame won't work for me.  Someting
to do with XVideo support I think.

I also have the esound server functioning with xine & xmms.  This makes
any terminal in my house a movie and audio jukebox.  So far I'm very
happy with RH90.

The anti-aliased fonts in Mozilla are fantastic.
The CodeWaevers crossover plugin also works like a charm on RH90.

-christoph