best new video cards for linux?

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Thu Jul 10 13:30:36 EDT 2003

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 01:43:04PM -0400, Charles Peterman wrote:
> > the official nvidia drivers require fairly gross kernel hacks.

used to... recently, they switched to a new installer which makes
things a lot easier. If you have a mainstream distro (Redhat,Suse..)
it will automatically download the right module. If not, it will
compile it (however, like for all modules like that, you need to
have the matching kernel source tree)

The only issue I ran into is that you can't quickly 'dual boot' into
different kernels.

Johannes Ullrich                     jullrich at euclidian.com