It's Official: SCO Declares IP Jihad on Linux

David J. C. Beach beach at verinet.com
Sat May 3 12:16:00 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-03 at 07:17, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On Fri, 02 May 2003 21:21:57 -0400
> John Abreau <jabr at abreau.net> wrote:
>
> > SCO's allegations are extremely vague. The fact that they refuse to
> > give specific examples of their infringement claims leaves me doubting
> > the merit of their allegations.
> Here is another article I found:(I changed the subject of this thread).

After reading this article, it is my personal feeling that the Linux
community should sue SCO for slander.  That would force SCO to either
admit to the wrongdoing (essentially admitting that what they printed
was false), or to prove that its IP allegations are, in fact, true.  In
order for SCO to demonstrate the validity of its IP claims, it would be
forced to reveal publicly what portions of the Linux source code were
"stolen".

Dave

--
David J. C. Beach <beach at verinet.com>