Sound card troubles

Mike Gorse mgorse at mgorse.dhs.org
Thu May 29 19:46:19 EDT 2003

I've started having trouble with my SBLive Value card.  It'll play about a
half-second of sound, then quit, and the program will lock up, suggesting
that the write call never returns.  I'm thinking that I probably zapped it
with static electricity while switching other cards around and partly
damaged it, but I'm wondering if there could be any other explanation.  I
also accidentally lost a lot of files in /etc while trying to replace
things after getting rooted because of the samba bug ()this happened about
a month ago, but I hadn't rebooted since then), so I had to reconstruct a
lot of things, and it's possible that I don't have something quite right.
Do any of you have some idea of what might be going on?

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --