DNS went haywire yesterday?

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Fri Nov 21 22:20:09 EST 2003

"jerry miu" <junkforjerry at hotmail.com> observed:
> I get a connection timed out; no servers can be reached

Well, Comcast finally fixed the problem today after 5 days of downtime.  My
inaddr lookups finally stopped timing out (it was causing sluggish performance
whenever I went to remote ssh or http servers that do an inaddr lookup,
perhaps they got a lot of complaints and finally woke up to the problem).

Boy do I miss the olden days when you could call up a local ISP with fewer
than 100 employees and quickly get on the phone with the DNS or router
admin...

-rich