Emacs LISP & macros

Bill Horne bill at horne.net
Sun Oct 12 10:14:03 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: <dsr at tao.merseine.nu> [snip]
> LISP is still used as a prototyping language, and as an application
> language with speed-sensitive portions written in C.
>
> Always popular with the AI folk.
>
> EMACS is programmed in LISP.
>
> So is Sawfish, which was once the GNOME standard window manager.
>
> -dsr- was once fluent in LISP.

Here's an Emacs LISP question:

Emacs keeps telling me that query-replace-regexp can be executed with
C-M-%, but no combination of Escape, Shift, Alt, Control, and the "%"
key invokes it. Is this a problem with the IBM-PC keyboard, or just
with Redhat's implementation of emacs?

I've mapped it to another key, but would like to know why it doesn't
work as advertised.

TIA.

Bill