X starts denying me access

Brian J. Conway bconway at alum.wpi.edu
Thu Oct 16 11:24:32 EDT 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Duane Morin wrote:

> Nope, logged in as regular user.  I cannot do any x commands from open
> shells that I had, nor can I right click on my desktop and ask for "New
> terminal" or anything like that, either.

I always add "xhost localhost" to my WindowMaker startup scripts out of
habit to ensure that I won't have issues opening programs regardless of
whether I'm a regular user or su'ed to root (though I've never run into
that problem with default setups and just acting as a normal user).  Worth
a shot.

Brian J. Conway
bconway at alum.wpi.edu

"LINUX is obsolete"
     - Andrew S. Tanenbaum, creator of Minix - Jan 29, 1992