Linux classes

Bill Horne bill at horne.net
Mon Oct 20 17:56:44 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Webb" <mwebb at sdmc.com>

> Someone was asking me today where they might take a fundamentals of
> Linux\Unix class that isn't going to break the bank.  Anyone have any
> suggestions??

I'd suggest that they get a copy of Running Linux, borrow/buy some CD's,
and walk through the book after installing a basic Linux system.

This isn't a joke, BTW: I think that the most effective way to learn
Linux is to work with it, even from the novice level. Running Linux is
an excellent introductory-level text, and your friend will be much
better able to absorb the concepts and details of a formal class after
(s)he has had some hands-on experience.

FWIW. YMMV.

Bill