Can RedHat 7.3 support Sony CD-R/RW CRX225A-U?

I.M.Walberg imw at tiac.net
Thu Sep 4 11:19:16 EDT 2003

Hi all,

My CD drive recently stopped functioning and I popped in a new SONY
CD-R/RW drive (ATAPI/EIDE).  It reads CDs just fine.  My concern is
whether I will be able to write to it.

Has anyone here used this model under RedHat 7.3?  It doesn't appear in
any supported hardware docs I can find.  I've done a once-over on the
HOWTOs and I have some idea what I can try to get it working (writing),
but I don't want to spend the time if someone already knows it can't be
done (without upgrading the os).

I'm in the middle of a client's project so I'm reluctant to do anything
too risky to my system at the moment, I'm just getting prepared by
reading up on it.

Ilane