Mouse coma

Duane Morin dmorin at lear.morinfamily.com
Tue Sep 9 11:45:17 EDT 2003

Ok, this is a new one on me.  At the new job, have a brand new Dell
machine on which I've installed Redhat 9.  Comes with a Microsoft mouse
that has this interesting red light at the bottom.

What's happening is that sometimes when I walk away from the machine, I
lose the mouse.  The light goes out and I get no response at all.  However
I still have full keyboard control.

This does not appear to be related to the screensaver or something like
that, because sometimes I come back (complete with screen locked and
having to type my password) just fine and the mouse still works.

Anybody experienced this?  It's a USB mouse, for what that's worth.

Duane