Not to start the topic I swear just need to vent!

Michael Webb mwebb at sdmc.com
Mon Apr 12 16:41:46 EDT 2004

I really don't want to start the topic of outsourcing again, however, I was
wondering if you personally have had experience with technical support that
was less than adequate?  I have been on the phone with tech support for
Earthlink for hours talking to numerous people in the Philippines that I
would say was much much less than adequate.  I have had problems with this
when calling Dell and when calling HP.  It is terrible when I have to
explain things that a typical tech support person should know.  I had a guy
who was in Panama from Dell tell me he could not understand what I was
saying, and I wasn't upset at that time so I was speaking clearly and
coherently.

Again, just wondering if you have had these types of problems nothing to do
with IF it is correct or not!  I personally think that customer\technical
support is very important we are a very small company therefore I rely
quite a bit on our warranties with Dell and HP I don't have a hardware guy
here 24 x7 but when a hard drive is dead I also don't want to be on the
phone for an hour running diagnostics to prove it!

Thanks and thank you for allowing me to vent.

Michael.