ATI radeon Mobility 9000 install

Kevin Zablonski kzablonski at riches85.com
Sat Feb 21 22:23:29 EST 2004

I had purchased an HP zv5034us laptop last week that has a 128Mb radeon
mobility 9000 video card.  I have installed fedora core 1 and it tries to
use the default radeon driver.  I have since looked into applying a driver
that will allow direct rendering.  Obviously HP doesnt support linux and
the Radeon site has directed all consumers to vendor provided drivers for
all mobility cards.  I was wondering if anyone has found a way around this
or knows of a driver that works.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Kevin Zablonski